Great to see another new study that further demonstrates the value of no-take #MPAs, and the fact that these vast #conservation areas achieve benefits for fish, fishers, communities, and #ecosystems. #30x30 @PolicyMarine
Thank you, Leo, for reminding us that some priorities should be everybody’s responsibility. As citizen, we must look up to our leaders to act for the common good. Protecting the #SouthernOcean is a must for our livelihoods #conservation #ClimateCrisis #30x30
This is why I’ve been campaigning for decades. The #ocean is our life support system, and protecting 30% of its waters, and sustainably managing the remaining 70%, would benefit the entire planet. #BlueEconomy #30x30
Britain’s coastal waters store millions of tonnes more #carbon than its forests. Rewilding the #ocean will be as important as reforestation in achieving net-zero emissions by 2050. @MCSUK @RewildingB #30x30
Congratulations to the #Spindrift team for coming in third for this first round of the #TF35 Grand Prix! @sailsofchange #30x30
Committed to sustainable development, environment and nature conservation, the different facets of her philanthropic work and projects allow Dona Bertarelli to play her part in addressing some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
As a strong advocate for increased ocean protection and environmental conservation, Dona Bertarelli is the UNCTAD Special Adviser for the Blue Economy. She promotes the development of a sustainable and regenerative Blue Economy.
Driven by her love of the ocean, focus on performance and adventurous spirit, Dona Bertarelli is a keen sportswoman and accomplished sailor. In 2016, Dona Bertarelli became the fastest woman to sail around the world, after completing the Jules Verne Trophy record attempt.
A Swiss philanthropist, investor, sportswoman, and strong advocate for ocean protection, environmental conservation, animal welfare, education and social causes for more than thirty years, Dona Bertarelli is committed to a life more thoughtful.